Thursday, 3 January 2013

Two Similair Products.. Two Totally Different Reviews

I love painting my nails and using all sorts of effects, however, I've never had particularly steady hands so when painting nails I have to be very careful. I'm also terrible for biting my nails, or forgetting to put gloves on whilst washing up and like everyone else I wash my hands probably a dozen times a day.

As I've always had trouble with nail varnish chipping in October 2012 I purchased my first ever top coat, hearing that Sally Hansen was a good brand I thought nothing of spending the £8 thinking it would leave my nails chip free and here is what I found:


The first one I purchased was the Sally Hansen No Chip Acrylic Top Coat and as you can tell from the picture I have used this quite a few times. In layman's terms it was rubbish. I tired it with a single coat, a double coat, using it as a base coat too, I used it under the tips, extra over the tips but my nail varnish would just not stay. If anything it seemed to make it chip quicker. I finally lost my temper with it when after spending half an hour doing my nails and even longer applying this, I went out for lunch came back two hours later and nearly half of it was gone. Maybe it was a faulty batch and the product is normally really good quality but I was so disappointed.


The second one I got as there was nothing else in the supermarket and this is Sally Hansen Double Duty Strengthening Base and Top Coat and I love it! I have use it a few times now either as just a top coat or both base and top and it works so well. My nails varnish now lasts a full three days without chipping and considering I was my hair everyday and I'm still not particulalrly careful I am really impressed. This is something I will definitely be re purchasing!

No comments:

Post a Comment