Sunday, 30 March 2014

Review: Sleek Storm Palette

Hey Guys,

I was bought this palette for Christmas and it was my first foray into Sleek eyeshadows. I had heard a number of things about them good or bad and I was really excited to try this.

This palette contains 12 shadows in total with 9 shimmers and 3 mattes and I have to say the shimmers are amazing. They are very highly pigmented, easy to blend and do not fall out at all. The combination here means a number of different looks can be created and I adore that beautiful green on the bottom row.

There is one place where this palettes falls down: The Mattes. These are a little chalky and do fall out a tiny bit, I certainly feel there are better high street Mattes out there. They blend fairly well but I just can not forgive the chalkiness.

There is a large mirror in the palette that makes it perfect for touching up and great for travelling - I have already used it for one night away.

These can be bought from Boots and Superdrug and they only cost £7.99, which I feel is a massive bargain. If you just leave the mattes out you still have 9 great shimmer shades and I would gladly buy another Sleek Palette.



2 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like a great deal. The colors are so pretty and they look pretty pigmented as well.

    May from La Vie en May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours are really good in all of their palettes I have a review of the Ultra Matte Darks palette by Sleek coming up soon!

      Delete