Tuesday, 1 April 2014

My New Love.. Colour Tattoos!



Hi Guys!

Sorry about the delay in posting (okay it's been ten months so huge apologies!) and what I will be talking about today are a set of eye shadows that have been well and truly reviewed already. These are the Colour Tattoos by Maybelline. I have an issue with cream shadows - my first experience with them a number of years ago caused a terrible infection and I have been too scared to use them since. When my favourite primer went AWOL online and in store I decided to see if a cream eyeshadow could help me out. With Boots having a three for two on makeup I got three. The colours I purchased were:

  • Pink Gold - shimmer
  • Permanent Taupe - Matte
  • Eternal Gold - Shimmer
I love them all! They claim to last 24 hours - as I remove my makeup every night I couldn't comment on that but they last a while. I apply my makeup for work at 6am and they last right up until I clean my face at 10pm.

You have about 30 seconds once they are on to blend and then they set and once they are they will not budge. I bought these to use as bases and to layer with powder shadow - but the shimmer and great with a black gel eyeliner and lashes of mascara.

I apply this with my finger I find this gets the best blending results.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful colors. I really love the pink gold shimmer shadow the best. Definitely need to pick one up next time I'm at the drugstore. The pigment is amazing!

    May from La Vie en May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pigmentation really is fantastic - I can't wait to go out and buy the navy one. I may have a couple more in my collection now as this blog post was written quite a while ago. I will share them soon :)

      Delete