I recently reviewed the Sleek Storm Palette here and after my luck with that palette I decided to pick up this one. Now if you have read that review you may be surprised to find I have picked a fully matte palette as I was disappointed with them last time. I wanted to give them another chance to get them right and they have!
There are two versions of this palette darks and brights and as I use mattes for my crease I felt this one was much more appropriate for me and some of the colours are fantastic.
The shades included in this palette are:
- Orbit - a fun bluey, green shade that is a real pop of colour. This would create a great bright spring eye.
- Thunder - this is a mid tone grey and one of my favourites in the palette. It is just so wearable.
- Ink - a fantastic navy blue and as navy is the one of the shades that I use the most and this fits perfectly into my makeup routine.
- Maple - this is an orange/pink shade and is not something that I will be wearing too often. This would look good for a really neutral eye.
- Highness - This is actually quite bright - maybe it should be in the other palette! This is a fantastic purple that I love to use as a my accent colour.
- Flesh - As the name suggests a nude colour with a yellow undertone. This is perfect as a base colour.
- Noir - a very dark grey, infact an almost black that blends out beautifully to create a work friendly smoky eye.
- Paper Bag - The type of brown that we can ALL get along with. This could even be used as a brow shade.
- Dune - again like the name suggests this is a sand colour and is definitely something that is perfect for the base or even a one shadow look (not that I do too many of those).
- Villain - This is a very pretty plum. I just love to blend this on the crease and I get so many compliments on this.
- Pillow Talk - this is such a brilliant white that has so many uses. This is used both on the base and as a brow bone highlight.
- Fern - this is such a grass shade and I am not sure how easy this is to wear. It does seem quite blendable though so maybe I could work it..