Thursday, 10 April 2014

Rimmel Colour Burst Vs Revlon Balm Stain




Hi Guys,

For the last year it appears these balms style crayons have been everywhere. I currently own one from four different brands and I know people that have dozens! Here are two of the ones I used most regularly pitted against each other.

Packaging 

These all look very similar, plastic twist up crayons with a matching cap. They are both extra convenient to pop into your handbag and the lids keeping everything airtight.

Hydration

Out of the two I find the Rimmel product much more hydrating and almost blamier is texture. The Revlon does work quite well but I feel that it has a tendency to cling to dry patches on the lip and the effect can quickly be lost.

 Colour Pay Off

As you can see these are both quite sheer with the Rimmel winning out a little in the colour stakes. As these are balms you may want them to be a little sheerer so the Revlon may be your favourite.

Staying Power

Neither of these lasts all day but out of the two the Revlon has a much better staying power. The Rimmel very quickly smudges out of the lines and after a few sips of a drink it is all but gone. The Revlon does manage the morning though.

Price

The Rimmel sells for around £6.99 whereas the Revlon sells for £8.99 and this is quite a difference.

As much as the Revlon balms are extremely popular I really have to pick the Rimmel here. Yes the staying power is a little rubbish - but it smells delicious, the colour is beautiful and it really is a great balm. Plus it's cheaper!



Which balms have you tried? Let me know in the comments below.

Hx

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes from last one year.. a flood of these crayons can be seen in the market...my favorite one is Revlon balm stain in sweetheart valentine.
    I haven't tried the Rimmel's one yet would surely get that now :))
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there are so many on the market I think we could easily compare 20 of them there are so many! The Rimmel one is good it is just a shame the staying power isn't a little better.

      Delete