Thursday, 23 April 2015

Confidence: What taking pictures of myself has taught me

Hi Guys,

Growing up I was never very confident, this was in part due to emotional abuse suffered during my childhood. I was told I was too fat, was not pretty enough and was told what I could and couldn't wear. At the age of 19 I was a size 8/10 and was still being given that message.

Then, something changed I left home and moved in with my boyfriend. Yes I am now a size 16 but I am much more confident. Until last summer I had never got my bare legs out and I only did it twice, this spring I begrudge putting them away for work! This has been further embedded by seeing them on pictures for the blog. They are not horrible, I think they are actually quite nice!

When I look at pictures of myself yes, I see someone fat but I see someone happy and that is far more important to me.

Also the amount of support I have had from other bloggers and companies (my retweet from New Look was a high point) has been fantastic. I am so excited to continue this series and my boyfriend is getting more and more confident at taking pictures of me!


Here is a picture of behind:



Helen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment