Wednesday, 27 May 2015

Cheshire Eats: The Golden Fleece Lymm

Hi Guys,

So after writing about the Hayhurst arms a couple of weeks ago I decided to try somewhere else nw, this time the Golden Fleece in Lymm. Now first of all this pub is not as expensive as the last one that I reviewed.

This place has just turned one year old and I have to say I was quite impressed. I had the Steak and Ale pie and Thomas had the Hunter's chicken. I believe that the main meals were £7.49 each (bargain) and they were really quite nice. I do not believe all of the foods were homemade - there was no claim one way or the other - but the goods were really great quality.

The desserts were also very good. I had the raspberry and blackberry crumble that was delicious and Thomas had the Millionaire's Cheesecake. The custard was a little cheap tasting and that was a disappointment.

The service was order at the bar so no tip was required and a lot of the waiters were young and quite awkward.

All in all this place was pleasant,the food was lovely and I would go again, but not for a special occassion.

Score: 4/5





No comments:

Post a Comment