Friday, 19 June 2015

£25 Face Challenge Collab Post




Hi Guys,

Today I bring you a really exciting collab post with my twitter ladies! These are the women who I chat to quite regularly and have amazing spaces on the internet so today Eleanor, Lisa, Alice, Amie and I are doing the £25/€ makeup challenge.

This went round Youtube a couple of years ago and as recently I am being a bit of a bargain makeup junkie I thought this would be really fun to do. I can't wait to see the variety of products we use and what looks the different girls come up with. Lisa in particular loves highend products.

So I had the hardest time with my brows. I am ginger (from a bottle) so finding cheap brow products in a nightmare, but with my normal inglot combo taking up £10 of the budget it was not going to happen. I also decided to enter into the true spirit of the challenge and include brushes in my budget too.

So I start with the brows and I used my Elf Eye Primer £1.50 first, I used this so that the powder had something to grip onto. I used the Iconic Pro Palette by Makeup Revolution £6.99 using the eyeshadow brush provided, I mixed chase and smooth together. I an ideal world the colour would be a little warmer but it is perfectly acceptable and if stuck would use it again. A pro 1989 brush is included in this and I found the flat shader end to be fab for this.

Then I went onto my eyeshadow and using the eye primer again I blended this into the eyelids. Using the same palette I added Chase into the upper crease using the fluffy end of the 1989 brush. This brush is not the best for blending and I did have to also work with my fingers. I then added Ambition to the lower crease and blended as much as possible. I then added faith to the outer V again using the fluffy side of the brush (loved it for this) and then using my fingers applied Awaken to the lid. On the lower lash line I added One Way to the lower lash line using the flat side of the 1989.

On the top lash line I used my Makeup Revolution Liquid Liner £1.50 and I used W7's Eyelust £2.00 to the lashes. This mascara is fantastic.

For the base I ditched the primer and went straight in with my foundation. I used the Matte Effect by Makeup Revolution in Cool Ivory £2.00. This is a perfect match and offers a light coverage and was easily applied with my fingers. I then took my Primark Flat Top Foundation Brush £1.00 and used it to applied my Natural Collection Pressed Powder £1.99, I then used the same brush to apply my Makeup Revolution Blush in Now! £1.00. This blush is fantastic very pigmented but easy to blend. I then used the brush to add Only from the Iconic Pro 2 as a highlight.

For the lips I added The Lipgloss in Turkish Delight by Natural Collection £1.99. This is the first time I have tried it and I am not very impressed. It did not last a great length of time and felt gritty.

Grand Total Spent:
  £19.97

This look could be better blended and it made me realise just how important my brushes are to me.My boyfriend said 'You normally look like a makeup artist, now you look like a normal person who is quite good with makeup.' I can deal with that for less than 20 quid a whole face!


Helen xx





10 comments:

  1. Loved seeing what you did with the tiny budget! My video will be up at 6pm tonight :) xx

    alicered.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did soooo friggen well!!! Pressure on!!! Fab doll ♡
    Eleanor♡
    www.eleanordavoreb.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! You look gorgeous Helen! And you had change from the budget too!! thanks so much for asking me to be a part of the challenge! I've loved taking part and my post will shortly be up! xxx
    Lisa
    www.beautyspotl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your are welcome and thank you :) Makeup Revolution made it easy xx

      Delete
  4. You look absolutely incredible! Your make up is perfect as are you!

    Love, Amie <3

    thecurvaceousvegan.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look absolutely incredible! Your make up is perfect as are you!

    Love, Amie <3

    thecurvaceousvegan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amie :) I have ready yours and love it did not realise how expensive it was to be vegan!

      Delete