Friday, 7 August 2015

My Favourite Classic Crime Dramas!

Hi Guys,

I love Crime Dramas, there will always be some season lined up to be saved on my Sky Plus and I really enjoy ones from the 90s and 80s. I like them because they are just not are gory as the ones shown today. They work on being subtle and I really enjoy that.

A Touch of Frost




This is the one that I am currently devouring at break neck speed. The main detective here is Jack Frost played by David Jason and is set in the fictional town of Denton. This was filmed between 1992 and 2010 and is well loved in British homes. Am lot of actors that went on to have a large portfolio of TV work began by appearing on this TV show. These episodes are two hours long and normally have a number of different aspects.

Murder She Wrote



If you have never heard of this show, where have you been? The main protagonist here is Jessica Fletcher an author from Cabot Cove in Maine. She is played by the formidable Angela Lansbury and she travels not only the whole of America, but also around the world. This show ran from 1984 to 1996 and it is really interesting to see the changes in technology. This one is a little light hearted and there are some funny moments. The massive networks of friends she has always surprises me - I wish I knew that many people!

Diagnosis Murder



This is another show with a massive following. I have seen every episode of this show and Mark Sloane played by Dick Van Dyke is a fantastic character. Of the three this is the most light hearted, however there are some scary moments that are really well played. If you watch this you will know that half of the Van Dyke family stars in the series at one point or another. This is definitely worth a watch and box sets can be bought.

Which shows do you watch?

Helen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment