Saturday, 8 August 2015

You Look Disgusting - My Thoughts

Hi Guys,

It has taken me a couple of weeks to write about this, but I am glad that I finally am. As a  beauty blogger I have been fairly fortunate.

Before writing this blog I had a book blog for a while and I received some really horrible comments.After a reviewed a book and the author picked apart everything I said and pulled me on every grammar error or typo (it happens to all of us) I decided to give it up. It was a hard decision as I really enjoyed writing the posts, but it got too much.

My partner had a gaming Youtube Channel he had a couple of thousand subscribers and a handful of dedicated followers, then the death threats began. Eventually, he could not handle it any more and gave up.

Em from My Pale Skin put a picture of herself up and social media a few months ago and the comments were horrendous. They called her some awful names. She then compared those comments to her wearing makeup. Some of them were positive others called her name for that too. This just shows that we never really are good enough. If you choose to put yourself out there you always run the risk of being criticised, but now people go too far and that is not acceptable. We need to start acting as our mothers taught us: 'if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.'

Helen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment